Finally! It is done. The perfume has been 'in the works' for months now is ready for bottling and wearing. I haven't talked much about MajnunLayla, formerly F1-2016-CH, for a while because it was in the ageing and tweaking stage of its formation, and since it's basically a waiting game with very little manipulation of the juice, it's been hardly worth chattering on about. I had been checking on the formulation at least once a week and making progression notes, watching how it evolved from something screechy and eye watering to what it is now -- soft, fruity (think peaches and jasmine tea and hovering violets and juicy grapes), and floral (more jasmine, a bit of rose, the warmth of lavender), and mossy (oakmoss, oakmoss, patchouli, and some more oakmoss -- oh, and a titch of sandalwood Mysore). There's also a lovely enhancing note of hand tinctured bergamot peel, a wee bit of black pepper, some frankincense, a little ambrette, cypress, and olive. I'm very pleased with how it turned out. It's wearable, complex without being muddy, and feminine. I can't wait for you to try it. So, please, try it.
On the incense front, I've finally got the white sage incense ready to wet down and mold. I've got a lot of cleaning up to do to get there -- the granite slab that I knead and roll incense dough upon is completely covered with grinders and dust and bamboo splits and bits of errant wood and hard berries. It's a freakin' mess, and a miracle I can find anything. While the white sage incense soaks in gin for a while, I'm going to move onto packaging other stuff. This is the part of the job I love that I can't stand. The running of labels, the gathering of bottles and papers, the packaging, the listing, the selling, the shipping. Just writing about it makes my eyes roll. But it's a necessary evil if I'm going to keep doing this. So onto the paper cutter I go!