Incense Compounded or . . .?

There was a bee in my bonnet. It was buzzing around up there for months now, ever since I started watching videos of monastery incense making and thinking of that compressed amber resin incense that's often fakity fake. So I did this!


I just made a free flow, off the cuff, bee-in-the-bonnet incense using almost two pounds of Boswellia carteri, some Boswellia thurifera, heaps and splashes of labdanum essential oil and a natural amber perfume base, plus coatings of pink rose bud powder. It's very wet, but as I check it throughout the day, it seems to be getting dryer and dryer, and harder too. I don't know what it is but its scent has infused my entire being. I bravely, or stupidly, pinched off a crumb and ate it. Tastes god awful -- really bitter. If I die from it, I'll let you know. Until then, carry on.

Comments

Popular Posts