Palo Santo -- You Kill Me!

I spent the better part of the afternoon yesterday shaving palo santo sticks so they could be reduced to powder in the spice grinder. I got something like 11 grams of powder from roughly two sticks, and I have the scars to prove it. Real scars. And a blister. I really need to upgrade my tools . . .

First, I don't think I've paid for palo santo in at least three years. Every single time I order resins from a supplier, I get a palo santo stick as a 'special gift'. I'm not complaining, I'm just saying it looks like a standard giveaway item. I love palo santo, but right now I'm a little bit mad at him. My fingers ache, the popped blister burns, and my thumb has a bruise -- a bruise! What I do for the love of this art surprises me sometimes.

Off to bash the stipules off of guayasa leaf.

Comments

Popular Posts