Influenza and Other Annoying Things

First, I have the flu. Or, rather, the flu has me. Or had me. I think I'm on the downslope now. While it was extremely annoying, and pretty much kept me in and out of bed for the past week, it still was/is not as bad as the flu bug I suffered in January 2013. I thought that one was going to kill me. I even went back to work with it, put in my hours, rode my bike home and dove into bed until the next morning. Anyway, that one isn't this one. This one is relatively mild, and there's no bike riding in the cold involved. Just fuzzy head and general malaise. Enough disinterest to make re-opening the shop a joke at this point.

I went into the temporary shop yesterday with every intention of pulling inventory and setting it right, but once I was in there digging through boxes and cataloging everything, I became overwhelmed. I had this inner dialogue going that sounded a bit like this: I can't -- I just -- I'm not -- this isn't -- oh, my head. So I stopped. Inventory, what bits I got to, are strewn across the work bench, as are newly found bottles of #101, #102, and #201 perfume formulations from 2006. And a bottle of Tilia which never truly saw the light of day. It's one of those things where the perfumes just don't cut it, but throwing them away seems sacrilegious. And there's a lot of juice in those bottles. Bad, bad juice. Age did nothing but strengthen the badness.

I'm conjuring ways of creating something more cohesive with the product line-up at The Scented Djinn. I fear I may not be up to my own expectations in terms of production, but I have to at least try. I feel compelled to work it out. The idea is to create a coffrett of scent which includes perfume, soap, incense, and body care, 100% natural, mostly organic. I know I've tried to do this in the past, but I really need to get my sh*t together and make this happen. I know how to do this, I mean, I've been doing it for nearly 20 years now. It's time for some premium organizational skills. And maybe an investor. So this is one idea that may come to fruition this year.

Another idea (and I've visited this one in the past as well) is offering private perfumery lessons online, with an eye toward creating satellite products like soap and incense and body/skin care. Right now, with this virus floating in my blood, it seems too big a challenge to face. I'll think more about it in a couple of days.

One last thing. Fake news. People, please, for the love of Pete, whoever Pete is to you, fact check! Snopes that crap. Stop swallowing the ickiness hook, line, and sinker. You'll thank me for it.

Comments

Popular Posts