Costus of Mane

I've used the very last of my rare and gorgeously aged costus root oil from Mane. I could cry, but the project couldn't have done without it. While digging around the 'animalics' box, I discovered two wee vials of goat hair tincture. I cannot remember who sent them to me way back when, but, boy, do they smell goaty! Far more animalic and edgy than the equally goaty costus root. I did not use the goat tinctures in the project, in case you were wondering. It will be next to impossible to replace the costus oil as it is exorbitantly expensive, one source cited 1/10th of a kilo over $7000 USD. Costus absolute can be got for around $35 for 5 mls, while another source showed $90 for 5 mls. Eek. Maybe I'll just make my own extract. There is a Charabot & Cie sample tucked away so I am not tempted to use it up, as I did the Mane.








Comments

Popular Posts