Reopening the Etsy Shop

It is almost time to reopen the shop. For the record, I abhor packing and shipping. No matter what calculator I use, what I quote for shipping costs and what it actually costs are light years apart. I end up eating the loss, and sometimes it can be significant. It's been great these past two months not having shipping deadlines looming, and shutting down the shop served its purpose because it gave me time to focus on new products, as well as care for the domestic stuff -- school started two weeks earlier than in the past, and with two live-in grandchildren, it's been chaotic. This is a sports year for them, with the older one joining a volleyball team, and the younger starting soccer in a few weeks. Schedules were never my 'thing'. And with COVID . . . let's just say it's a lot more stressful than ever before.

My soap student has finally gotten his first coffrett of soaps up for sale and has sold nearly all of them and is now working on restocking. I think, wow, that was fast! But he had a good coach and was able to avoid all of the usual pitfalls that a newbie encounters when completely untrained. What took me two years to perfect has been passed along and is now reaping benefits. 

I, too, will be making more soaps for the fall line-up. Two, maybe three 'flavors', and adding back in the cocoa butter that skin craves in the coming colder months. I am designing these future soaps using a new-to-me technique, something visually pleasing. It'll be grand. 

My Student's Soap


Comments

Popular Posts