Soapboxing

Ugh. Posts like yesterday's give me hives. I hate soapboxing, and I have to admit, I didn't do any real research on it, not like I did when I was in college and wrote a research paper on Catholic priests and their sex lives. I was able to interview a woman who had a 5-year-long affair with a Catholic priest, and all of the turmoil that relationship caused for her, and him, I guess. Did you know there used to be a magazine for ex-priests and their lovers/wives/gf's on how to cope with civilian life after their priestly life? I managed to get my hands on a stack of these magazines, and boy, did they open my eyes. 

The point I was trying to make, and badly is that it feels like there is something else going on, some underlying reason for all of these naturals' banning, and it has nothing to do with public safety -- as usual, I think it has to do with money. Theirs, not ours. Pharmaceutical companies, chemist companies, big perfume houses, all of these stand to gain if naturals are taken from the hands of the public and remain in their sole domain.  Anyway, no soapboxing. 

I was going through my formulation notebooks looking for the Pink Lotus Kyphi formula and couldn't find it. I remember making that incense, where I was, what my mind frame was, who I was talking to, and the passion for the project, but I cannot for the life of me remember which book it was written down in. It will have to be a 'wing it' project. This is my way, yes? Never make the same thing twice, ever. Even the current interpretation of TheRam isn't the same as it was in 2020. This one is more perfumey. There's a licorice note that's really sticking out, but it is enveloped with the gorgeous warmth and animalic smoothness of costus. I've decided not to roll these into balls either. I'm going to try to make the incense into cakes, small, pressed cakes. 'Try' is the keyword here. Not all of my bright ideas work. In fact, most of them don't, but it has never stopped me.

Pink Lotus Kyphi 2012


Comments

Popular Posts