Day 30 ~ One Year, One Nose


Mock Violet


I've made several versions of violet flower over the years -- Parma Eau de Parfum being the most successful -- but the beginning stages of creating violet turned up some pretty interesting results. I think the one I had the most success with prior to Parma EdP was this one wherein I blended violet leaf, cassie, oakmoss, orris, tuberose, ambrette, santal, rose, tonka, davana and boronia -- made a dainty little confection that definitely said 'violet here!'

Sweet and fresh with a lovely delicate greenness to it, deep notes of earthiness and moss, and a distinctive creaminess that only orris butter can achieve.

I keep ALL my trial formulations, even the ones that smell like crap -- it's good to keep these things in the library to read from time to time. All the mock violets are there, poking one another with their purple tinged and greenish elbows.

Comments

Popular Posts