Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 49 ~ One Year, One Nose

I know. I am so far behind in these posts -- as I keep reminding myself while I sit in my comfy recliner watching movie after movie after movie on a long, boring, do-nothing, rainy Sunday afternoon. Some days are just made for veging out and this seems to be one of them, but that niggling little voice in my head keeps reminding me I should be here, on the blog, y'know, blogging.

So here's hoping I don't sink into myself one of these Sundays and create a black hole in the recliner from which I never, ever return . . .

I made jelly -- well, I tried to make jelly. I didn't get the acid content right and the jelly never gelled, so I guess the correct word for what I made would be syrup. Jasmine Green Tea syrup. Can you just imagine how fabulous a jelly that would have been? Y'know, had it turned out? Maybe next time. But about that syrup -- it is so good. I cracked open a jar last night to add to heavy cream for dipping strawberries into -- one heaping tablespoon to a cup of heavy cream then whipped to a fluffy, airy mess -- it was divinity. I mean so, so, so very good. I was tempted to toss the berries and simply eat the whip with a spoon -- that good. It smells and tastes dead on like jasmine green tea with honey from Teazers Tea House up the street. I always make it a point to get it with half the honey because they use a heaping gob in the regular recipe, it's almost like candy. But the syrup, ahhh, the syrup is lush. There is that heady jasminey-ness (grandiflorum) and the smoky bitterness of a flagrantly green green tea. I'd give you the recipe, but since as a jelly it was a flop, I think it pointless. Once I actually get jelly out of it, I'll share. In the meantime, I'm thinking of drizzling it on my toast tomorrow morning.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious! If you've ever tried Persian jams (and I'm sure you have!) you'll find them to be rather syrupy. I actually like that. Wish I could come over for some tea and toast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a rather thick syrup so yes, somewhat like Persian jams. I kind of like it too -- it seems more versatile this way. Maybe some day you can come for tea and toast! Thank you for posting :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails