Hump Day


Yes, yes, I know, what happened to the One Year, One Nose posts? I've got 'em waiting because I haven't had time (or made time) to flesh them out yet, but they are coming. Today, I just want to go over some thoughts, some memories, some experiences and whatever.

First, the online Academy where I tutor students on Natural Botanical Perfumery is set to begin a new six-month intensive course on March 22. Payment plans are available for interested parties. Contact the course administrator if you think this is something you might like to do. You can talk fees and such with the course administrator at that time. Okay, shameless plug over.

I went out of town this past weekend to visit family who live near the central coast (California), and apparently where they live is a little micro-climate of spring at the moment -- everywhere were jasmine blooming! Great gobs of blooming jasmine, it was intoxicating. All I wanted to do was rush back home and find a few jasmine plants to set up on the front stoop, and then make jasmine green tea jelly. But it looks like those things aren't being set out at the plant places here in town yet. Not warm enough or something, I guess. Anyway, it was a very nice trip. I even had time to do a little shopping at the outlet mall and found, to my delight, a perfume store! I know, I'm strictly a Natural Botanical Perfumer, but I still cannot resist a good synthetic stink every so often. Since I don't often wear commercial perfume, I ended up buying gifts for the people in my life who do. And that was nice, actually being able to afford (see discount perfume store at the outlet mall) the perfumes my people love.

Do you remember that book/movie, 'How Stella Got Her Groove Back'? That's one of my favorites, and I'm kind of feeling like that right now, like things are beginning to come together, like I finally got my groove back. I'm formulating an oil composition for a 'perfumey' soap. I found the ingredients I need for bath fizzies, so I'm considering making a few of those, and I'm working on my project perfume. It just feels right again. I just hope this little scenario doesn't end in a similar manner as it did for the story's author, Terry McMillan.

Gotta run. The j o b beckons and I'm working on something juicy there, so today won't be a snoozer. I'll update those OY/ON posts later today -- I got bundles of 'em. Ta ta.

Comments

Popular Posts